Tonight is the night.
All of my small group gals will arrive at my house at 6:30pm, hyper to the Nth degree, with snacks and sleeping bags and movies and tweezers and iPhones. You may call this a normal Tuesday night for our group, and it would be, minus the sleeping bags.
But it’s our SMALL GROUP SNOOZLE!
You may recall that we began this tradition last spring, at the end of the semester.
Well, who’d have thunk it, but the end of the semester has come around again and we are just itchin’ to spend the night in the same place though most of my girls live in the same dorm so that’s kinda like a huge spend the night party except it’s cooler to be at my house because you get to sleep on the floor. Or something like that.
I am excited about it- there is something special about celebrating Christmas with these gals. My tree is up and, thanks to them, it has a handful of beautiful new ornaments. It’s our first Christmas together, though we always laugh about that because it certainly doesn’t seem like we’ve known each other for less than a year [we started meeting in February 2012].
I don’t know if you lead a small group or even care about these details, but I thought I would share with you our plan for the evening in case you’d like a roadmap to Funville.
Everyone is arriving at 6:30pm. I’m making dinner… what exactly, I am not sure yet. But something off of my Feeding The 12 pinterest board I am sure. The girls are bringing snacks as well, so I don’t feel the need to provide a full meal, just a healthy doze of protein really, so they don’t carb themselves into a sugar-induced coma.
Here’s our other plans, that are not timed out to the minute because I’m a lunatic to be sure, but not THAT serious of a lunatic.
- We are going to watch Elf. Because.
- We are going to make this Christmas ornament because I think it is adorable and I want to help build these gals’ ornament collection so that when I release them out into the world in two years, they have at least three ornaments for their trees.
- We are having a tiny gift exchange. Just $5 each- but I told them, and I quote, “Nothing supes serious, but nothing wasteful and stupid either. Yep, I said stupid. Don’t do it.” I can’t stand when people spend $5 on a gift that is total trash and, well, stupid.
- One of our favorite past-times is letter writing. So we’ll be writing one letter each to be mailed on Wednesday to their parents’ home so that when they get there next week, voila! A pretty piece of mail!
- We have a bowl of questions that we pass around and answer. We shall do this.
- We will laugh. Play games. Tweeze eyebrows. And sleep. Yes, my people will sleep. At least, I will go in my room and close my door and I will sleep.
Unfortunately for them, awesome for me, I fly to Austin, Texas Wednesday morning at 9am. So the girls have to skeedaddle pretty early. But they won’t mind because I have donuts to bless their exit.
Forgive my twitter feed in advance, or get pumped, but you’ll be able to follow along all night as me and the girls use the hashtag #smallgroupsnoozle on twitter and instagram. You’ve been warned.
Also, this is the cutest picture of my girls ever. They seem so quiet.
. . . . .
Here’s a fun game. Have any questions for my small group? Favorite meal we’ve had? What we’ve been studying? Most challenging part of putting up with me on a weekly basis? Best thing about living in Nashville?
Ask in the comments and we’ll video their answers tonight!